Friday, September 23, 2005

Lulus

I look around me and am beginning to notice a trend…lulus.  On clothes, notebooks, bedding, scrapbook paper and more.  Lulus of all colors and sizes.  

“What are lulus?” you ask.  Well, let me give you a hint…one day this summer when I had my girls at the school office, we were preparing things for the first day of school.  My daughter was punching neon index cards with a hole punch.  A little while later, I went to move the punch and neon “confetti” scattered everywhere.  “Mom!” my 10 yr old daughter exclaimed, “you spilled lulus all over the floor!”

I stood transfixed for a moment, trying to remember what a lulu was…I’d heard that term before.  Suddenly it hit me.  Janae used to call dots “lulus”.  Awwww, I was missing that cute little 3 yr old right about now.

While explaining it to the other office worker, I mentioned that I never did understand why she called them that.  I was quickly informed—it seems that some cartoon character wore polka dotted pajamas and her name was Lulu.  Well, of course!  It was all so clear now.  Now I am wondering…how come it took me 4 years to figure that out??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Polkadots will never be the same! I love it ~~ lulus; it;s my first new word for 2008 - even though it arrived a few days early. How absolutely adorable - just like Nae Nae.