Monday, July 21, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake, Arguments and the Internet

I heard the pounding of feet, two running away, the other two chasing after. And then yelling, "I wanna be Strawberry Shortcake!" "No, I get to be Strawberry Shortcake!" And on and on. I asked them to stop. They didn't comply. I TOLD them to stop and suddenly there was a girl on each side of me. "She wants to be Strawberry Shortcake. But I want to be Strawberry Shortcake because I want my pony's name to be Honey Pie!" "Why can't you take turns?" "We don't know the other pony's names."

So being the wife of "the research king", I thought I might have a solution. I googled "Strawberry Shortcake ponies" and came up with a comprehensive list of the characters and their fillies. After reading through the list, one child walked away as Angel Cake whose filly was Milkshake, and the other child wanted to be Lemon Meringue because her filly's name is Daffodil. How is it that neither wanted to be Strawberry Shortcake anymore?


I wish every argument was this easy to solve.

5 comments:

Gail Lynn said...

Way Cool!!!! Good job on difusing the situation~~!

Anonymous said...

Great way of stepping in and working things out. Kyra has a Strawberry Shortcake video about Ice Crem Island and it tells all the different names of the ponies that live there. Cute movie.

Leah said...

You are good!!!
BTW, it was great to see you (from a distance) at PHC. I was going to speak to you, but we got out quickly to leave for our 6 hour trip home.

Sherry said...

UGH! Don't you just hate arguing!? My kids never really did alot but now and then they had a BIG one. I think girls do it more (seems like my cousins and I argued more)than boys so maybe I am glad I only had one girl.

Karen Walden said...

I remember I used to have all the Strawberry Shortcake dolls and their characters that came with them except one! They didn't used to all have ponies, some had little cats, dogs, bunnies, etc that came with them. I used to know all their names too but over the years I've forgotten them!

Great idea to google it! I use google for everything!!!