Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last of the "Firsts"

Today is the anniversary of my father's death. And hopefully one of the lasts of all the firsts we've all had to face this year. I will post more on Dad later but right now, I wanted to leave you with a quote that I found and has been my favorite for the last several months.

2 comments:

Gail Lynn said...

Sara: I already commented about that "quote" on the email you sent to all of us siblings; BUT - what you didn't say and I didn't know....
I just found it a few months ago, also and it has become one of my favorites --- it makes SO much sense!!! (Dad ALWAYS told me, "raising YOU was like raising ME all over again; right down to the daily stomach aches.") So odd - eh? I guess we were made in the same mold.

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Tomorrow you will turn around and realize 5 yrs have gone by since you lost your dad.

5 years ago this past July I lost my Dad. How can yesterday be 5 years long? Seems just like yesterday....