Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dessert for One, Please

I was contemplating the pan of magic cookie bars I made the other day. They disappeared in such a short time! (maybe that’s the magic in them :) I was trying to decide when exactly I made them and how many days they lasted. I’m thinking less than forty-eight hours. Then I decided that maybe I should start making two pans at a time. And THEN I thought, “Maybe I should throw some butterscotch chips in one pan. That way I would be assured that the kids definitely wouldn’t be dipping into the second pan.” And then my mind went back to all those desserts that MY mother used to make with nuts - “to take away the richness”. Hmmmm…I’m thinking…

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Hmmmm, my mom says the same thing. There IS a method to their madness, eh?

Jody J said...

I just hide what I don't the kids to eat. :) My poor kids.

Classy Lady said...

My Mom used to make Million Dollar Fudge. She shared some with her best friend each time.
Her friend, however marked it 'Liver' and hid it in the freezer.
I still use that concept. My Christmas list on the computer for the year is entitled 'Liver'
No one cares about Liver haha.
Sharon

A Peek Into My Life said...

Too funny!

Yeh, I'm guilty of just hiding stuff. ;)

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid
That alway's worked for me,
That is..... Until all the ones
without nuts were gone, Then
I'd just pick the nuts out.

Kind of like when we would run out
of regular pop, then I'd drink the
diet stuff

Anonymous said...

Oh Ya By the way Sara,
The magic cookie bars look
scrumpdillyishisss!!!!!!

Tamra said...

I have never made those bars, but they look scrumptious! I thought of you this week. Yep, when I smelled an awful burning stench coming from our dishwasher. Upon opening the door, I found a previously intact plastic measuring cup, in two pieces. Sure enough, it had fallen from the top rack and had landed on the heating element. Thankfully, it was one of my old cups.

Leah said...

I don't believe I have made those either. They look awesome!

JoEllen K. said...

.....better post the recipe, Sara!!

Anonymous said...

They look delicious. I make similar ones for Dan and he loves them. I agree with Jody, I think I would hide some too.