Today someone knocked on my door and handed these to me. I think it was because I was reminscing last week about getting a rose on our very first date, accompanied by a note that said, "A pretty flower for a pretty girl." Tony couldn't believe he'd written something that corny 15 yrs ago but it made my heart flutter - then and now :)I also reminded him that during the first year we were married, every month on the 30th, he brought home the number of roses per months we'd been married. On our first anniversary, I received a full dozen roses. Wish I had pictures of each month's bouquet but we didn't have a camera back then. (Couldn't afford the film and developing. Funny how much things have changed over the years. Now we just put them on our computer and print only what we want or need.) He apologized for not doing very well about that lately. But then I reminded him that I don't like flowers :) And I don't but once in a while a beautiful flower or two is a good thing.
I think these roses are so incredibly unique...I love the ruffles on the petals...so delicate. Thank you, Hon! Hope I gave the delivery guy a good enough tip :)
7 comments:
Awww, how sweet! Those are very beautiful!
That is so sweet! I hear ya Sara, I don't need flowers all the time, but every once in awhile it is a very special treat!
That is so funny what we remember! On the first flowers Daniel gave me he put, "as these flowers are so very beautiful so are you!" On our first anniversary he wrote, "if I had the choice I would still marry you!" Hmmm...
I LOVE flowers! I'd like them every week if they weren't so expensive. Of course, I don't mind them coming from Aldi even.
Nice arrangement Sara and probably a big surprise since your anniversay isn't for a few more days!
My post was above - sorry! A typo that I just couldn't leave. One would wonder if I truly had any schooling....
I tried so hard to find the quote that is my "motto" (great that I KNOW it, right?) that says something like, "I need flowers, always flowers." I think it is by Claude Monet - I'll have to ask the "flower lady" - Kathy Edwards!
Anyway, I'll take any and all flowers, several times a day if necessary - at the Flower Shop they used to think I was CRAZY because I about went crazy every day - 2-3 times a day when we got shipments. I could spread them all over my floors, bed, etc. and never get tired of them!!! Gail
P.S. They are beautiful!
Post a Comment