I have never been one to enjoy art. I know a pretty painting when I see one but always had the feeling that to truly appreciate art meant I had to try to make sense of what I saw. But today while searching for a quote for my sister, I came across one by a famous painter himself. If I could visit an art gallery with this quote as my motto, I might actually enjoy the trip. I think I now love his work simply for the quote (though I never did care for the sunflower painting.)"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love." - Claude Monet
5 comments:
Sara, I am not into art but will you tell Janiece that I can't comment on her blog and I am offended!? Well, I am not but still I typed up a good long comment and was not one of the chosen ones!
Are you sure she doesn't have to approve it? If so, it might have to come in her email. I'm not sure how that works. But I do know that one other blog I frequent says at the top that she will decide whether or not it gets posted. And mine always show up later. But I'll mention it to Janiece. I hope it shows b/c I want to read it :)
Hey, I finally found you. I am slow to learn how to search blogs! What a beautiful family. Keep in touch
Well, I certainly want to know what is going on with the "Janice Blog" and the "Sherry Comment". It is getting all the attention and Claude Monet is getting none!!!! I will hopefully see Kathy in the next day or two and find out exactly what that quote is AND whether or not Claude was the one who said it....~~~~~
I finally found it! The quote IS by Claude Monet and goes: "More than anything, I must have flowers, always, always."
I Love it~~
Post a Comment