Even before my father passed away last Monday, I have been having some issues with my nerves (just a typical, par-for-the-course 35 yr old female in our family...my mom and sisters all went through it). So add this week and 6 strong-headed siblings who have varied opinions, trying to plan a funeral and wrap up an estate (or at least start the process) without the guidance from a parental figure and Tony decided that I might need a little R&R. He so kindly arranged for his parents to take our girls for a few days and he booked a hotel on priceline. Two whole days and three nights with no responsibilities! How lucky can you get?
We arrived at our Holiday Inn Select room last night and hauled our luggage in. Then we went out and had a nice supper (forget the fact that we got our main entree before the soup and salad?!?!) and did a little shopping. Then we came back to our room and hauled in 6 Target bags and a couple bags from the restaurant bakery. After getting everything arranged and being excited that we didn't have to blow up and reorganize the room to accommodate an air mattress, we began eagerly undressing...
...our laptops :) We were once again able to access high speed internet after 6 days of withdrawal!!
13 comments:
Glad you are getting a little rest! I have been thinking about you a LOT! I can't imagine what you are going through right now, but I am glad to know Tony is taking good care of you. He seems to be pretty sweet that way. Let us know if you need anything.
You guys have fun!
How sweet of Tony!! Glad he is "in tune" to your needs!
Michelle
LOL I'll admit, you had my eyebrows raising there for a brief second. ;)
I'm glad you are getting a bit of time away. How sweet of Tony to take such good care of you.
You are still in my prayers.
Tony told me to read this post!! I guess he had some wishful thinking ;-)
Loved the photo library you put together. I was looking for the picture you had taken of him reading to Kerrigan because I *knew* you would add that one as it is sooo sweet -- you saved the best for last!
Sara, I was sorry to hear about your daddy. I can not even begin to imagine how you must feel. I'm sure you miss your parents but I know that you are happy that they are together again and they are getting to see Jesus everyday now. If there is any way we can help you please don't hesitate to call and let us know.
So glad Tony did that for you, you needed a break. Let us know if we can do anything!
Yeah, Denise, me, too! Notice that there was some open space between those two paragraphs. One might wonder . . .
Anyway, great job, Tony. You're a worthy son of a great couple.
Ooops. I didn't sign my note!
Steve Hight
Oh dear, and here I thought it was just women my age reading my blog!! Actually, I knew there were a couple men that commented on my post about Dad, but figured they were directed there specifically for that. Anyway, Steve, I thought maybe you were one of my in-laws with that comment. Then you signed your name. So I figured I had to comment and say that this wonderful family I'm in (almost 14 years now) has officially rubbed off on me. I can't count the times I raised MY eyebrows around them! lol!! And you didn't have a clue, did you?!?!
Sara:
You nearly made me fall off of my chair. LOL!
Good to see you have your humor... Trust me, it'll get you thru many tough times inkife.
Dan Plemmons
P.S. BTW, I am a daily Phantom blog reader
I'll be sure to copy & paste that post into this Sunday's bulletin! J/K
Oh my word, I've been totally caught now! I think the funniest part of this whole thing was on the way to the hotel, I actually laughed out loud thinking about how I would word this and the reaction I would get from my blog readers (whom I thought were women my age! lol!!) Tony asked what I was laughing about. He didn't think I'd really post it.
Post a Comment