Another song my sister did in choir (we got to hear her practice in the car everywhere we went so these songs are stuck in my head permanently). And another one that reminds me of Angie Davis every time I sing it!
There is a lot of background noise, but I just love this rendition by these older folks. How totally fun! And notice that one member is in a wheelchair.
Lyrics:
JAVA JIVE
I love coffee, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me
Coffee and tea and the java and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!
I love java, sweet and hot
Whoops! Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot
Shoot me the pot and I'll pour me a shot
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!
Ooh, slip me a slug from the wonderful mug
And I'll cut a rug till I'm snug in a jug
A slice of onion and a raw one, draw one.
Waiter, waiter, percolator!
I love coffee, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me
Coffee and tea and the java and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!
Boston bean, soy bean
I said a little bitty green bean
Cabbage and greens.
You know that I'm not keen for a silly ol' bean
Unless it is a cheery coffee bean.
I love java, sweet and hot
Whoops! Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot
Slip me the pot and I'll pour me a shot
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!
Slip me a slug from the wonderful mug
And I cut a rug till I'm snug in a jug
Drop me a nickel in my pot, Joe, takin' it slow.
Waiter, waiter, percolator!
I love coffee, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me
Coffee and tea and the java and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup
3 comments:
The first time I ever heard that song, it was being sung by Mark Lowry on a Gaither Homecoming video.
And I'm wondering: do I remind you of any NORMAL songs?!
I've never heard this song -- the lady practically singing base about the beans cracked me up.
Post a Comment