Monday, August 14, 2006

Update 8-14 3:52pm

We left the hospital around 1:30 this afternoon. Mom had another slightly rough night. Dad said he finally got her settled down and sleeping at 2:30am. He got three hours of sleep.

She didn't each much breakfast and only a bite of noodles at lunch. I was able able to get a few bites of Ensure chocolate pudding in her. But she wasn't pleased at my insistence that she eat. She thought I was trying to be a bossy mother! She would eat when she gets hungry!!

On a positive note, they were able to get her out of bed and sitting in a chair for awhile. Long enough for them to change her bedding. That always feels better.

We did find out that the doctor said the earliest release would be Wednesday. And then she will go to a rehabilitation center. She will probably be there anywhere from seven to twenty days, depending on her progress.

She did complain of pain today and though her hemoglobin went from 6 something up to 8 something, it is still low and we want to see that come up.

The long road to recovery is still ahead. We appreciate everyone's continued prayers. One sister is dealing with bloodclots in her leg and the other has physical limitations as well, so much of the load rests upon dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still in MI? Hope that everything goes well! We are praying for all of you!

I guess I could call you, but maybe I will get a response quicker this way:) This note is from your "Pepsi Friend"
I do still love you! : )