Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hail Mary

Kerrigan has been very intrigued lately about the relationship between Jesus and Mary (mother, son) and God and Jesus (son, father). But it still came as a surprise to me the other day when she told me this little story.

My mom broke her hip and was in the hospital. Lauren, Tony’s brother, so graciously offered to babysit the girls at my parent’s house while Tony and I went up and visited with Mom and Dad. We got home late and had to make a run back into the hospital to take a CD player up. So when we arrived back at the house THIS time it was very late and the girl’s were in bed.

The next morning Kerrigan shared with me that she prayed for Nonnie before she went to bed. She knelt by her bed and went like this (palms together in praying hands fashion :) I praised her and asked if Uncle Lauren had had them do this. She said, “No, I did it myself. I prayed, ‘God, Jesus, Mary...’” I about lost it! Our Protestant child turns Catholic!

No comments: