Sunday, April 30, 2006

Simplistic Thoughts

Our youngest daughter has been having issues with bumblebees lately. She loves to play outside but isn't really crazy about sharing her space with these loud, obnoxious creatures. We DO have quite large ones around here this year and I can't say as I blame her at all for coming inside screaming at the top of her lungs and nearly in tears. I'd love to react in a similar manner! But I am an adult and for some reason, that would be unacceptable behavior.

I had to grin the other day when we arrived home from town. Tony and I were the first ones out of the van and were peeking in on our new kittens. The girls were gathering all their stuff from the trip and taking it inside. Kerrigan came around the back of the van singing quite LOUDLY! When she spotted us, she announced, "Evan told me bumblebees don't like music, so if I sing, they will stay away!" Hmmmm...what a simplistic thought...wonder if it works? I noticed my oldest getting ready to refute the idea but I gave her a look and then we just grinned together.

Today, it is rainy and extremely windy. Kerrigan was looking out the window. Out of the blue, she made this announcement, "I wish the bumblebees were out today. Then they could fly away." "Do you mean they would fly away with the wind?" I asked. "Yep!" was her simple reply.

I remember a day when I had simple wishes and thoughts. Oh to be five again!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Jared is also scared to death of bumblebees. I'm not sure why, because last year, he could've cared less. A 5 year old can be so volatile!