I'll blame it on my prego brain...the fact that I forgot to do a birthday post for Janae. It's certainly not because we forgot about her birthday, though. We probably work extra hard to make sure that her birthday is special. With it being so close to the holidays, her day is often forgotten by others in the shuffle of Christmas preparations.
We started by planning her school birthday treat to share a couple days in advance since her actual birthday fell on FCA's Christmas party day.
Then, as usual, because we have open Christmas presents early here due to trips to Michigan every year, we let her open her gifts a couple days in advance to keep more of a distance between the two occasions. She received Apples to Apples Jr (a very fun game!), a 'Lil Kinz pig she named Curly, a Magic Treehouse book and her very own MP3 player.
Happy 11th Birthday, Janae! In a few days, you'll be able to say, "next year, I'll be a teenager!" (we'll let everyone mull that one over for awhile :)


3 comments:
I hope Nae had a happy B. day
She looks so cute with her big
cookie, and her cupcakes were
adorable!!
I'm glad Janae had a great BD.
My family would be so proud of me:) LOL I actually got your last statement right away--not 4-8 hrs. later. Now I'm telling on myself:)
The second I read your last comment, I knew what you meant. Our oldest brother, Art, used to LOVE to make the kids in our neighborhood "ponder" when he would tell them about 1-2 days prior to my birthday (Dec 29) "Gail is XX years old today, but next year, she will be XX (2 years older than my current age). It was great to watch them try to figure out how that could be true...
I LOVED the treats and cookie. Janae, as usual is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment