Monday, November 10, 2008

Finally something...

...worth blogging about!

Janae was supposed to write to a senator or state representative for a Social Studies project. She was to ask them which president they most admired. Some of you will remember this project from PACE 1053 - some of you have it to look forward to.

In all my years of teaching, I can't think of any students who received a response back. So when Tony was looking up the information, we found out we could email them. Wheels started turning in my head and I thought maybe her chances of a response to an email would be greater than snail mail. So we tried that avenue.

Just a few minutes ago, I checked my email for the millionth time today and lo and behold, something from Senator Lugar. Woohoo! I am sooo excited...but now it means she actually has to write a report on that president.

We will definitely be printing out that email and saving it in her special mementos box.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

You know what, I could SWEAR that I sent my letter to Senator Lugar, too! I got a letter back, plus some other Indiana factoid stuff. I'll have to go through my stuff and see if it really was him.

Anonymous said...

How cool! I'm anxious to hear about her report.
By the way, how are you feeling?

Janiece said...

Yea Janae! Way to go!

Michelle said...

That's awesome! Obviously, I started ACE after PACE 1053 because I don't remember doing that!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool,
Good for Nae!!How exciting for her.
I wrote to President Johnson
When I was
in 5th grade, I got a letter
back, and an 8x10 picture of him
and his family. I was the star
of my class for a day!!

A Peek Into My Life said...

I do not remember that PACE but I'm sure I did it since I went thru ACE for twelve years. :) That is very exciting for her to receive a letter back.

Karen Walden said...

I vagely remember having to do that but have no idea who I sent it too! Obviously, I must not have gotten a response either!
Which president did he admire most?!

tacomom said...

I would be interested to know, Carrie!
Sharra, a little better the last couple days. Maybe we're on the downward treck :)
Michelle, I didn't do it either...started somewhere around 6th grade.
Jodi, I didn't know that. Very cool! I got a letter from President Reagan in 6th or 7th grade.
Karen, he admires Abraham Lincoln.