I’m standing in the shower scrubbing my head and singing some silly song when I hear a noise. I peek out the curtain to see who’s around when it dawns on me…I’m the only one home! Suddenly my heart picks up pace and I feel a bit shaky. No one is there but I look again – just to be sure. And then I think, “What if someone really WAS there? What would I do? What would I say? How would I react?” Silly - I know. But have you ever really thought about it? I go back to my hair-washing and realize that the feeling hasn’t left. If my hair wasn’t soaking wet, it would certainly be sticking up on the back of my neck...
Just so you know, that is the end of the story. No one was in the house. It was just me and my over-active imagination. And now you know why I didn’t read Nancy Drew when I was a child.
9 comments:
That is spookey,
I am scared to death to take
a shower if I'm in the house
alone, even if the doors are locked
Sara, I fell that feeling everytime I am alone...spooky. All the same stuff goes through my head. I lock myself in the bathroom now when i am alone for extra security.
Once I laid Tristan (my youngest) down for a nap. Made sure he was asleep, he is like Mark once he is out that is it. Hopped in the shower, and not too long after being in there I heard the door slam shut. Got out nd the forst thing a mother does is checks on her child....GONE. Wrap the robe around me, and go outside on my hunt. I was frantic. My innocent little angel woke up after five minutes of napping to go watch some bulldozer across street and down a hill. I was almost sick to my stomach looking for him. He was two at the time. Your story reminded me of that story, my grandfather says that is a sign of a good story teller, someone who can take you back in time to another story and bring back memories. Sorry my comment is so long.
I have done that before and it is extremely scary. So.....why do we get those feelings anyway? Sensing someones presence when no one is around. Almost gives me goose bumps sitting here thinking about it.
Oh, I hate it when that happens!
If someone whipped back my shower curtain they would have a heart attack so I don't worry too much. There were a few times when the blind would be open about an ich and Daniel would ask what I would do if someone was outside watching and I told him it was not my fault if they had nightmares all night!
I know that feeling to well:) I dont know if you remember me ..Jennifer. I think the last time I talked to you was when I only had 2 children , now i have five HAHA!
Okay - I guess after reading all the comments that I have lived ALONE too much of my life. HOWEVER, the one and only time I had an experience like this was when I was married w/3 very young children. They were playing in their bedroom and I think the baby was sleeping. I was in the shower and all of a sudden the curtain came open and I screamed and screamed. Then, when I realized that I was looking into the face of a MAN, I screamed and screamed and screamed! He almost had to slap me back to reality. It was my husband, who had left for work w/o the check book and needed it - so came home to get it. He said, "I never know what to do to let you know I am entering the house... if I make noise at the door, you will scream; if I wait until I am up the stairs to let you SEE me, you scream".
Now, I don't even hear noises!!! It's a good thing - because there is no one to rescue me!
I have sooooo been there before. hahaha The house squeeks and I am sure I am about to be shot though the shower curtain. hahaha I wasn't smart enough to stay away from mystery boooks and stories. Just a glutten for punishment.
Get a Boxer, or at least a yapping dog :-)
The last shower curtain I bought is clear. It is hotel strong.
I love it.
Wasn't sure at first but once I tried it, I wouldn't change.
You can see all over your bathroom, the door, & even the clock
:-).
Sharon
Post a Comment