
If you have not read this book, don't walk, RUN to your nearest bookstore or library and get it! It is an incredible story. I finished it in two days and am still reeling from it.
"Meet Laura Van Ryn and Whitney Cerak: one buried under the wrong name, one in a coma and being cared for by the wrong family.
This shocking case of mistaken identity stunned the country and made national news. Would it destroy a family? Shatter their faith? Push two families into bitterness, resentment, and guilt?
Read this unprecedented story of two traumatized families who describe their ordeal and explore the bond sustaining and uniting them as they deal with their bizarre reversal of life lost and life found.
And join Whitney Cerak, the sole surviving student, as she comes to terms with her new identity, forever altered, yet on the brink of new beginnings.
Mistaken Identity weaves a complex tale of honesty, vulnerability, loss, hope, faith, and love in the face of one of the strangest twists of circumstances imaginable."
7 comments:
Dateline had a special about this story. The interviews and the attitudes of the parents was just so amazing, how they became friends and found forgiveness in the midst of everything. Here is the link. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23828096/
I have been wanting to read this book. I don't read many but these intrigue me.
Sounds like a good book. Do you know if the library has it or not?
I also saw this story on Dateline
It was unbelievable, What these
two families went thru.
They must have felt like they were
in the Twilight Zone!!
I wondered if it was good. I seen a girl reading it the other day and almost asked her if it was good. I will have to see if our library has it.
I'll have to add it to my summer reading list!
I've been wanting to get that! My dad's first cousin was the coroner. He resigned after that happened!
Post a Comment