I don't know how well-known this trivia is and I'm pretty sure my daughter wouldn't appreciate it being posted on my blog. So in effort to protect her identity I won't share her name but....one of our dear daughters fails to be the most graceful child on the planet. So of course, we call her ******* Grace often even though that is not her given name :)While on our nature hike in Tennessee, we crossed a small fork in the creek in effort to get closer to the bigger rocks and deeper water. On the way back from our little detour, Tony was helping each child cross back over and when he got to this daughter, she avoided his extended arm and said, "I don't need help." I was behind her fully expecting to see her land on her behind and get soaking wet in about 3 seconds. While she hopped, skipped and jumped her way across, I mimicked her by stating, "Grace doesn't need help!" Her foot came to rest on land and the other foot followed. I was stunned! I reached out for my husband's helping hand and tentatively stepped onto the slippery log. The next thing I knew, I was standing in the creek with one foot and the toe of the other - water flowing all around me!
Grace doesn't need help - but her mother might.
9 comments:
Ha! That'll teach you.
Ashlee is our clumsy one. Poor thing.
You make me want to go to Tenn! I posted a couple of pics you might want to see! HEE! HEE! I might regret giving you my vital info! Actually they are cute!
There ya go Sara!!!! LOL
Your poor little daughter!!!
Oh be careful little mouth what you say! :) Seems like I am always getting into trouble for saying something!
That is funny!! Sounds like you all had a great time in TN. It's been several years since we have been.
Isn't that the way it goes?
ha
So, if we scroll down a few posts, will we be able to tell which one is "Grace"? This sounds like something that would happen to me!
Well, Chris, in response to Aunt Jo's comment...Grace isn't so little. And she's an awful lot like her mom! (gets her gracefulness along with other character traits from me :)
Glad I'm not the only one. I can trip over thin air and wipe out for no apparent reason. :)
Post a Comment