
I must be honest. I was rooting for the Giants but I really didn't think they stood a chance. Imagine my surprise when we turned the radio on for the drive home from church and they were ahead 3 - 0. The whole entire game was so close. My throat hurts and my hands are killing me from pounding my fist everytime they did something good and everytime they did something wrong :) Tony said he can totally envision my mother at a ballgame now (local softball-he apparently never had that privilege). I am so proud of myself for being able to follow the game on the radio and actually make sense of most of what was happening. (I can usually follow baseball but football, not so much.) Yay Giants! Yay Eli! Yay Mannings! Yay Giants!!
11 comments:
You KNOW I'm happy!!! I was so nervous at the end before the Giants scored that touchdown that my stomach was literally in a knot! Makes me want go out and by a Giants hat or shirt or something...
For the record, we had to pause before prayer at our Small Group Leaders Meeting last night to check the score. :)
These teams desecrate the Sabbath day! It is a violation of one of the ten commandments. I can't believe Christians are really INTO this.
I will not use my blog as a debate platform and I tend to think that the anonymous post here could have been a joke. But just in case it wasn't, I would like to make one statement...the man who taught me my love for sports, my father, was one of the Godliest men I have ever known. (refer to the post from Monday, February 4 - http://tacomom.blogspot.com/2008/02/still-reveling-in-win.html)
Interesting how, assuming it isnt't a joke, anonymous is too chicken to put their name instead.
YOU GO SARA!!!!!!
Go Giants!!!!!!!!!
For that matter, some think internet is sinful.
I love how those anonymous duds always post their negative comments using the anonymous option, LOL! I DO agree with you Sara, your father was one of the Godliest men I will EVER know! What a blessing it was to know him as "my pastor"!
Yes, and the ones who's stomachs "flipped over" when his obituary was read from the PULPIT - that he "enjoyed listening to the Detroit Tigers" may have wanted to change their opinion of him - but their opinions do not matter! GOD ALWAYS DOES THE RIGHT THING~! (A quote from my, now, former Minister, Mark Christian.)
And, yes, you have become your mother at a ballgame... Tony is absolutely right, although he never got to witness it!
It's a good club to be in/I've been there for years - so Welcome Aboard!
Post a Comment