Monday, March 24, 2008

Charleston's

This is a very old Valentine post that never made it out of my "draft" folder.

We don’t usually fight the crowds to go out on Valentine’s Day, nor does Tony buy me ridiculously priced flowers – mutual agreement. He does thoughtful things every day throughout the entire year – way above and beyond what most husbands do. So we kind of go against the hype of “this is the day you have to declare your love”. But we do try to do something to make it special. This year was really unique in that we went on a double-date for lunch the day after Valentine’s Day with our very good friends, Mark and Eleanor. Tony chose the restaurant for us and he made a good call - although Mark and I weren’t initially convinced from the outside. But inside, even in the middle of the afternoon, we found the perfect ambience for a meal sans children.

Each couple shared the special of the day – a very large melt-in-your-mouth Hawaiian-marinated rib-eye with garlic mashed potatoes, house salad and croissants that were out of this world! And since we shared, we had room left over for a caramel brownie ala mode – dessert to die for!

I promised Tony that I wouldn’t drag my camera INSIDE if he would consent to a photo of us OUTSIDE after the meal was over. So here are the mementos of a very special post-Valentine’s dinner!



2 comments:

Bobbie said...

We don't like to go "out" for Valentines day either. and if Matt spent that much money on floweres I would kill him. So We usually try to make is special other ways. I too think I have an awesome husband whom shows me he loves me every day (okay almost every day) of the year. So we don't need to spend an outrageous amount of money one day that someone else picked to show your love for one another. But since that day is set aside we usually do something special together. It is an excuse to get a sitter though. lol

Melanie C. said...

Ahh...what fun! And what great pictures of two happy couples!