Our kids were late for school today...like an hour late! I'd been so proud of myself thinking I was ahead of the game this morning by packing their lunches last night. I don't do that too often since I don't have myself to get ready - Tony takes the girls to school every morning(thanks, Hon!!) So as usual, I'm fixing toast and chocolate milk, throwing the cold stuff into the lunch boxes and hollering for them to turn on the dryer to get the last few wrinkles out (besides, nothing better than warm uniforms on a frigid morning!)
Five minutes before time to head out the door, I open the dryer door and reach in for...soggy, wet clothes?!?!?!? What in the world? I remembered that part of the lint didn't come out of the tray when I pulled it out last night but I'd used the brush and thought I'd cleared it. Apparently not. Thirty minutes later the clothes are STILL soggy. So I sent Britnee out to see if it was clogged at the vent and sure enough, she started pulling out wads and wads of lint! By the time she came back in so much had blown out at her it was practically embedded in her moussed and gelled curls. She looked like she'd been in a lint storm. (no pictures of this one...she would have killed me!)
I finally got them in dry clothes, out the door and off to school and started to unload the dishwasher. I saw that a plastic straw was under the bottom rack so I pulled it out to find this (enlarge for better detail):

Dishwasher users: make SURE that any light-weighted, thin plastic items are secure before running this appliance! There is a heating element in that thing! (I'm sure glad it didn't do anymore damage :)
And last but not least, enjoy my baking disaster from Kerrigan's birthday. If I consider myself a baker, by this video clip you can certainly see why I don't cook! lol!
8 comments:
Sounds like you have had one Interesting morning!!!! (In case you have no idea who I am - I used to be Tricia Reed - went to New Castle church while I was at AU). Glad to find your blog!!!!
Funny video clip!
Hilarious clip with the birthday cookie! I watched it twice!!!
I have melted a sippy cup before in the bottom of a dishwasher! Looks like yours almost started a fire with the charcol tip of the straw... YIKES! Hope the rest of your week goes better!
Have fun with the Cassadys!!!
(Typo in previous comment, I deleted it...)
Hope tomorrow is better!
Funny video! Kelcee is getting a kick out of it. I have to go back now and "see it again so I can laugh". Hope today is going better for you!
You can definitely tell it's revival when wacky things start going wrong.
Funny video AND audio! :)
Post a Comment