Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wishful Thinking

When my niece was induced a few weeks early, we knew her little guy was gonna be small. They hadn't had any luck in their neck of the woods finding preemie onesies. So I called Tony, who was in Indy that day, and asked him to stop on the way home and see what he could find. He did good! He brought home a pack of "newborn" onesies (5-8 lbs) and a these newborn sleepers. Since Chris, the baby's dad, is a Jeep nut and more into hunting than baseball, I told Tony (who is a baseball nut) he was dreaming when he bought 'em. He insisted he was not - they just didn't have anything else that small. Chris was just relieved it wasn't a Colt's outfit! But I told him to watch out...that's the next thing on Uncle Tony's list :) I think we could both satisfy our baby fix by just outfitting all these grand nephew's and niece's!
P.S. I got to hold him last week (pictures of that later :) and I think it's gonna be forever before he even fits into these tiny sleepers!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

You are blessed to have a new nephew! Does anyone have girls? Remember when Jim and Tammy gave Jacob the good luck redwings socks? At the time the RW's were stinking and Daniel said we better not depend on luck from them!

Michelle said...

Awww - everyone is having babies and they are all so cute. But you know what??? Those babies grow up to be toddlers, and those toddlers grow up to be school age children and then teenagers with all the fussing and arguing with each other and messes. When I think about all the cute babies and how it would be neat to experience that again, I just tell myself that and it cures me really quick. We'll just hold our "niece and nephew" to get our fix too!

A Peek Into My Life said...

Awwwww......!!! (sniff, sniff!) How sweet!

Anonymous said...

Now you have to come up again,
You need to see if the NEW
grand neice is bigger then
her cousin. (the grand nephew)
Can't wait to see them together!!
I bet she is soo cute too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I can tell you for sure that the grand-niece is "SMALLER!" Grandpa Earl just called me about 2 hours ago and told me that he had just talked to Lindsey (grand-nephew's mama) and Little Lincoln now weighs...... drum roll, please...........

8 pounds and 4 ozs~~~~ can you believe it????? She said he eats ALL THE TIME!

Regan weighted 6 pounds 10 ozs at birth and was 2 ozs less today... So, she IS smaller!!! awww......... She is a DOLL, too - gets cuter every day!