Since my birthday is on Thanksgiving this year and I have a very special Thanksgiving post. And seeings that we have already celebrated the upcoming day around here, I'll share birthday stuff early.
With my new living room, I told Tony he didn't need to spend any money for my birthday. But you know how husbands obey? Well, he decided he was going to get me a gift but felt like he needed to think a little bit outside the box this year. He and the girls decided since my birthday falls on Thanksgiving and we would be out of town, we should celebrate exactly a week early. So on the 15th, they took me out to eat. He dropped me off to get a table while he and Britnee went across the road to Costco for my present. This is what they brought back...

...23 rolls of film from my pre-digital camera days that I'd yet to develop. I was ecstatic!
As if that wasn't enough, he wanted to get me together with MaryLee and Janiece and their families but didn't want me to have to clean my house. He knew a normal restaurant would not be fun for the kiddos (we have 8 between us all now) so he planned for them to meet us at Ben and Ari's in Fisher's. Pizza and tokens to play all the games meant fun for everyone! And we gals even got in some girl talk while the guys took the kids back for more fun after the food. Who says you can't have fun parties when you're old?!?
5 comments:
How sweet and Happy Birthday to you. Wish I could get with you all sometime!
Looks like you had a good time -- and 23 rolls of film? I thought I was bad. I finally started getting mine developed slowly but surely, 5 here, 5 there,etc. and I still have 1 roll left to develop. Actually, it's kind of fun that way because you've forgotten what pictures you've taken and it makes for a good laugh sometimes.
Happy Birthday again!
That was nice of your Hubby,
It looks like you had a really
fun B. day.
The kids all liked it too I'm sure!!
Since I won't see you until
Saturday, Happy Birthday early!!!
Love,
Jo
Happy Birthday! That is an awesome gift from Tony. Do you mean I'm not the only one with rolls and rolls of film undeveloped? I'm almost embarrassed when I see them! Maybe Tony could hint to Travis for me! :)
Looks like a fun time with good food! (always a priority with me) I took in my old roll of film and it had my G-ma, aunt and uncle on it and that was neat. They are gone now so it made for some tears but it was still nice!
Post a Comment