Well, since Carrie was brave and made TWO political posts back to back. I'm going to be a little bit brave and ask for some political opinions. Because I want LOTS of feedback on this topic, I encourage EVERYONE to comment and you can even do so anonymously if you wish :)
1. If Rudy Giuliani won the Primaries, would you vote for him in the Presidential Election 2008?
2. Rather than vote for your favorite Republican in the primaries, would you be willing to compromise some of your "criteria" and vote for the most likely candidate to stand a chance against a Democrat - with the thought that a little more liberal Republican would be better than a VERY liberal Democrat?
3. Do you vote based on a candidate's beliefs or based on how willing they are to uphold the Constitution?
7 comments:
Oh dear, I'm not really that big into politics. I usually vote for who Rodney thinks is best. LOL I really don't enjoy politics and hate the presidential debates, etc. I guess I need go grow up and form my own opinion but I really am not likely to do that. HeeHee
While I would PRAY that Guliani would not get the nomination, I would most likely go ahead and vote for him just to keep the "other" person out! I'm a Thompson girl right now!!! I think it's not likely to happen that Ron Paul would get a nod, but if he did, then it would be a hard choice between him and Fred!
I hear ya Michelle, I'm not really into politics! I think they are WAY off course from where our country started so...I usually talk with Jerry and he gives his opinion quite freely on who to vote for: ) I know, that is a shock to most of you, Jerry just isn't that kind of guy, HA! HA! But, I must say this for "my guy", he DOES pay VERY close attention to all this political stuff! He is saying YEAH for Fred too LaDonna! I guess time will only tell!
1. I would have a very hard time voting for Giuliani. I guess I would if he were running against Hillary.
2. I'd probably vote for a conservative Democrat before a liberal Republican. Maybe. For instance, I'd vote for Evan Bayh before Rudy Guiliani.
3. I don't know the answer to this one yet. I'm beginning to think that maybe translation and upholding of the Constitution might be more important, but I just don't know quite yet.
I'd be interested in hearing yours and Tony's views. You've made me curious. ;)
To sum it up for me, I vote values and track record.
Interesting topic... I work for the Supervisor of Elections here in Florida so I cannot say much online for one particular candidate but have found it quite interesting reading all the other posts.
I sincerely hope that everyone will pay special attention to this election and get out to vote. This could be huge and the effects could go on for years.
Thanks for letting me post, enjoying keeping up with you all through your blog,Sara. Been a long time since I've gotten to see you.
Penny
Okay, I'll weigh in on this one - since I'm your oldest sister and you know, yada yada yada. I am VERY much into politics. I heard it from the time I can remember, the only thing being more talked about was Christ in our home growing up. I loved politics from a very young age. I will say that TV even made me MORE into politics, because I was so much more aware of the negative ads and the mud slinging - and that gives you a slant you don't always realize is there.
1) I ALWAYS vote pro-life first and foremost; if one does not value "Life" then what else matters?
2) I would probably "lean" toward voting a little more liberal Republican to keep a Democrat out, but I'm not going to say "always" because I've liked a few candidates that were neither in past years, but ended up voting Republican, just because the no-name brand was so far behind that I wanted my vote to count!
3) As far as upholding the constitution vrs. the other --- don't know what to say. I just pray alot about who I should vote for.
4) ALWAYS remember, it is your responsiblity as an American Citizen to VOTE~ (A quote from my late father, Rev. Arthur E. Fritz) and I learned it well - I'm certain that I've NEVER missed voting since I became of age!
Good luck in your search....it's a huge subject~~~~
Gail
Post a Comment