
Fifteen years ago, October 9th, was the night of our first date. Tony had been consulting with my friend, MaryLee (sister of fellow blogger, Janiece) and she told him he could tell if I was or wasn’t interested by whether or not I made up an excuse when he asked me out. She forgot, however, to inform me of this little loop hole/allowance. Would you believe when he called and asked I told him I thought had to babysit (sons of fellow blogger, Sherry) that night but would get back to him? He thought it was over before it got started. I didn’t find out for months - maybe even years - that he was quite surprised when I scooted down the pew to sit by him the next Sunday morning and told him it was a go…I was scheduled to babysit an entirely different night.
So since this was the night that started it all, time for a little quiz. Which of the following ten statements is NOT true about my life from Oct 9, 1992 through Oct 30, 1993? (Some of you who know me well should refrain from elaborating too much in your comments :)
1. Tony proposed to me on Nov 6, 1992
2. I published a newsletter called “The Bridal Bulletin” to update friends on wedding plans
3. Our first date included Bill Knapp’s and a walk on the Tridge
4. Tony kissed me on our first date
5. We changed our wedding date 3 times
6. My mom and I practically lived at Meijer the week after Christmas waiting for the trees to go 75% off so I could buy one for our reception
7. Our wedding colors were purple and teal
8. My bridesmaids carried decorative violins made by my father
9. We kept our engagement a secret for 7 weeks b/c we figured our parents would kill us for getting engaged too quick
10. My niece was my maid of honor
8 comments:
I'm going to go with number 8, since I don't know you THAT well.
I would say #4, but I can't remember too well, that was LONG time ago, ha! I know #8 is true, I still have mine!
I have no idea... I will guess #4 isn't true! They all sound pretty believeable though! I can totall see you putting out a bridal bulletin! You are too organized! :)
Oct. 9th must be "the day"!!! LOL (see my blog if you are wondering)
Julie
I have no real idea but I'm gonna go w/#4 too. That was my first guess. :)
Well I would have probably said #8 but I just looked through ur wedding pictures. :) So I would probably have to say #4.
I would flunk the "quiz, " but I did enjoy reading how it all began.
Number 4 -- We will ALL be shocked if that isn't true. I remember the bridal bulletin, I remember the colors, I remember the violins, I can totally see you and your mom at Meijer every day waiting for trees to go on sale. Yah, I'm sticking with #4! When do we find out the answer?
Post a Comment