My only wish for all these books is that the pages were perforated because even the chapters that I can't identify with, I know someone who could. I would love to be able to rip out that section to mail to them. I might have to do some demolition and re-assembling to accomplish that when I'm through reading :)
Friday, October 19, 2007
A Good Read
I picked up three books of similar subject from the Bargain Shelf at the Christian Bookstore a couple weeks ago. 21 Reasons Why Bad Things Happen to Good People, Life is Tough but God is Faithful, and Meeting God at a Dead End . (I'm sure most of you have preconceived notions as to why I would be reading such books but you are most assuredly wrong :) I think I got my money's worth within the first chapter of each book. But I almost put back the one that was actually the cheapest - less than $5 (see left column). And let me say, it has been the most interesting and is packed full of profound thoughts. I would encourage EVERYONE to read it as there is most definitely ONE chapter in it that you could identify with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you for these recommendations. I am going to add them to my to-read list.
Igoodea on the perforated pages... but I kind'a like the demolition project just as well! I didn't see any list at the left side, however. But, I do know the titles, so I'll keep them in mind. I have a few new ones to read at the moment. Seeing and end in sight to Mom/Dad's Estate - I can hardly wait to have time to "read" again! Gail
Another comment: I love how you do so much with your girl's to really be a family and create memories. Not spectaular things, necessarily, but things they enjoy and will always remember. You always seem to find the hidden places along the way that others miss! Love, Gail
Post a Comment