Friday, October 5, 2007

Food Rules

There are two things that most definitely should not be ingested after the end of summer. It’s like not wearing white shoes after Labor Day. An unwritten rule. One is lemonade and the other strawberry shortcake. So how is it that I had both items sitting on my kitchen counter to be served for supper? Two words: unconventional husband. It might also have something to do with the fact that it reached 88 degrees today – in Indiana - in October!

For the record, I did not consume either of the aforementioned delicacies. But as I was coming to post this to my blog, I reached out to grab a few pieces of candy. Even though they aren’t my favorite, nothing says fall like candy corn (which by the way, should only be eaten in the month of October :)

4 comments:

A Peek Into My Life said...

Ahhhh - you are woman after my own heart. ;) I agree completely w/those kinds of "rules"!

Michelle said...

I agree as well. Even though it's 439 degrees outside, fall is still in the air and we can eat our pumpkin desserts!

Sherry said...

Unlucky you because we can do nearly anything in Fla! Strawberries are on in February! I never wear white shoes anymore anyway!

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Lemonade is seasonal?? I sure hope not!!! My kids and I positively adore it. As for candy corn.... UGH. I think it is worse than broccoli or spinich! It looks cute and all that but I simply detest it. I feel like I'm eating wax. But... you enjoy dear!!!! :-)

Julie