Monday, November 5, 2007

Brilliant Mom Moment


Once in a while I do something to win the approval of all my daughter's - a hard feat with three other opinionated, tempermental, emotional females in the house. They always want to invite friends over but to be honest by the time we make the 20 minute trek and back to town several times a week adding one more trip is just too tiring to think about. So I always buy time by telling them that they need to have their room clean.


But a few Sunday nights ago I thought, "Why not let them invite a friend to take to the park?" (something else that earns me "Best Mom Award" for a day :) So I told them I would do that sometime in the coming week but didn't give them a day. When I picked them up Monday after school, I had a change of clothes and had made arrangements with their friend's moms to borrow their kids for an hour or two. It worked out quite nicely and I'm just bumming that I hadn't thought of it earlier so we could capitalize on nice weather.



4 comments:

A Peek Into My Life said...

Great idea! Looks like they had fun!

Michelle said...

You're such a good mom!

Janiece said...

You do deserve the "Best Mom Award", way to go! : )

GT Burley's said...

We love going to the park. We just started a new thing this year too! My two older girls and I bring our books and chairs and strolling cooler, and Kristen plays! She is her fathers "social" daughter! So we all have a great time at the park. We look forward to doing it more often next year.
Kudo's' to you though!