
Kerrigan handed this to me when she got in the van from school today. She informed me that it was Elvis. I have to admit, she has captured the essence of the King quite beautifully :) I bet he would be proud of the big hair.
This reminds me of something my family will never forget...my sister and her husband used to care for mentally challenged adult men and they provided much joy around our family get-togethers as well as in church. One night at Prayer Meeting (circa 1978), one of the guys stood and requested prayer in a way that only Mike could. "Pay for Elvis Pessey. He wud du King of Wock 'n' Woll. He was baun in 1971 and died in 1976. He wud du King of Wock 'n' Woll." Mike then proceeded to grab an imaginary mic on a stand, pull it towards him and sing a few bars of "Ain't Nuttin' but a Hound Dog". It was definitely one of the highlights of my childhood church experiences.
Editor's note: PLEASE understand that this is in no way meant to make fun of the mentally challenged. We loved these guys as much and maybe even more than their own families did.
5 comments:
Cute picture....cute story!
All these years I thought Travis was the only that sang that song in church! You do know that story, don't you?
that is hilarious!
Julie w
You need to ask Travis about Hank---he went to his church in Ala.
He was cute and hilarious!
Julie
Hmmmm...I think I've heard that Travis sang that in church when he was little. But I'm not positive of the details.
Post a Comment