
I came across this photo while sorting a pile of mail the other day. This picture was taken in June 2003 after our last hurrah as Ministers of Music. We knew we were moving and thought it would be fun to do one last cantata. We chose a patriotic one by Lillenas titled "This is My America - A Declaration of Dependence".
We had a blast getting ready for this one. It was such a change from the hustle and bustle that surrounds your typical Christmas cantata. The last song was a bit wordy and I was worried that the meaning would get lost on everyone. But it was so powerful that I wanted to really make it shine. One day while listening to it on the road, I was given a vision of how to illustrate the song. And with Traci Petty's help was able to pull it off. The song spoke of our heritage and we had children dressed in various costumes walk down the aisle at the appropriate times. I have a picture of them somewhere but who knows where? There were immigrants, pilgrims, pioneers, a soldier (who actually wore a jacket and hat of one of our World War II vets) and an army nurse.
Reminiscing makes me wanna do it again! What a fun way to end our four years there. (and thank you, MaryLee, for loaning the choir director your fabulous patriotic scarf - it was perfect!)
3 comments:
We actually came to hear it when you all did that! It was really good, I remember it well.
I was getting a bit nervous when I typed this b/c I got thinking that you might have been there. It was far from perfect, but we sure had fun.
So let's do it next year!!! I was after you to do it this year, but I know time got away from us. Plan to do it in July! I will put it on my calendar and remind you (since you made fun of my organizational skills the other day, lol!)
Post a Comment