Here I am sitting in Harry's Bar. Today was our girl's first day of school and this is how I am coping.
Now for the truth...since it's only a 2.5 hr day and since we only have one vehicle (our van is supposed to be getting some repairs and detailed today - I'm sure they'll find one thing or another that couldn't be done and we'll have to schedule another session), Tony decided that he could work from the library. In the basement is "the Coffee Bar DOWN UNDER". I brought along my laptop with the idea of digi scrapping. But when I found out they had free wireless I decided to catch up on my blog reading. I'm really bummed that I didn't think to grab my "small" camera to get a few photos of this momentous occasion. Sometimes I wonder what I'm going to do with all my free time since my baby is in first grade and I have all my days to myself. But I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough. I've waited a long time for this day :) Actually, I really want to take some classes at Video Professor or Lynda.com for Photoshop. I've learned alot in the last 8 months but I know I've only touched the tip of the iceburg.
My only complaint about the last two hours is instead of having the peace and quiet like Tony gets at Panera Bread, we have had the privilege of listening to anywhere from 2 to 8 people chatting quite loudly. Most of them retired men. Some of them might work here actually.
A young guy just returned with one of the men's lunch (I'd heard him place the order earlier) and the following exchange took place.
Receiver of lunch, I'll call him Fred, to the delivery boy: "Keep the change."
Bob pipes up a minute later: "Did you give him a tip?"
Henry: "Yeah, he did."
Fred: "Yes. I told him to to keep the change."
Henry: "And now, he has a tip for you, too, Bob!"
I about fell off my chair. I'm pretty sure I actually laughed out loud. Hope they didn't hear me over their round of guffaws.
2 comments:
That sounds like a fun morning! I would love to take some classes like that too someday. :) Enjoy your quiet time!
You will probably be busier than you ever thought you could be!!! People always think, "she's home all day; we will ask her to do it", etc.!
So Kerrigan didn't go all day last year, or did she go all day, but not all 5 days of the week???
Post a Comment