Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Ponderings

We tried out a new restuarant: McAlisters Deli - the guy that took our order was pretty curt and impatient; the guy that came to offer refills went way out and beyond to be friendly - which experience do we go by when deciding whether or not to return? (their menu boasted Texas-sized baked potatoes - if you need an idea of how big it is, notice the fork)


Tony got us a 3 star hotel on Priceline: perks? very clean, upscale fixtures, sleep number bed (well, Tony's perk not mine-I HATED it!) drawbacks? no continental breakfast, no free wireless (which was REALLY annoying b/c I had stuff listed on ebay), felt like we had to sneak in b/c we didn't "look" good enough - we decided that a higher end 2 star is better than a lower end 3 star but still can't complain when the room only cost $52.

We got to see Greater Vision: watched them mingle with the audience before hand, listened to them comment on the loss of Dale Bailey, felt like we were ministered to rather than entertained (not that that's all bad) - saw them as very REAL people and were impressed once again with their consistency

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I would try it again at least once. I mean who wants to be written off after the first time! HA! plus, if you get the same waiter be right up front and tell him that you hope he is having a better day and if not please not to take it out on you. I would and could do this in a nice way.

Michelle said...

That baked potato looks absolutely scrumptious --I love a loaded tater!!

I would probably go back again and give it another shot.

How neat that Greater Vision commented on Dale Bailey. I think I knew he and his family knew them somehow, but I can't remember how.