My mom hated flies. She hated them so bad I am pretty sure she took the end of their lives on as a personal project. She mostly hated them in the kitchen around her food! The mental image I get in my head of her during summer months was a verbal, "Get out here you stupid ole fly!" and her patiently waiting for just the right moment then wielding the fly swatter like an expert. She was good I must admit...great aim, great batting average.
I inherited the fly hating temperament but I did NOT inherit the quick-killing reflex. I did learn the "shut the doors, you're letting flies in the house!" and "quit running in and out, you're letting flies in the house!" calls really well. Just ask my kids. I guess I just need to figure out how to be patient and sneaky. But since I don't think either of those traits will be learned any time soon, maybe I should simply invest in a fly strip (now THOSE bring back memories of the camp dining hall...gross!)
2 comments:
patient and sneaky....hmmm Very interesting combination. Gonna have to watch out for you!! : ) I already caught you hiding at church the other day...just waiting to catch people off guard.
Ok, you weren't doing anything sinister....just trying to get some good pics. By the way, how did those pictures turn out?
Seriously, I think it is nice that you can share memories about your mom on here. I bet we would have all loved her!
I DO remember those fly papers in the camp dining hall. Yes, it is gross now that I think back on it.
Post a Comment