

When we returned after the week of my mother's death, Tony wondered aloud what we should get to have around the house in memory of her. We thought about different things and then he mentioned maybe a nice mailbox. Thinking of our run-down basic black metal mailbox that needed propped up every so often, I thought that would be great. Getting the mail was always one of the highlights of Mom's day even if it was a bunch of junk mail or bills.
I began looking online for the mailbox that I wanted. I was joking when I sent Tony the picture of this one because it was a little more pricey than what I figured we would get. But he really liked it and thought it was different than the norm.
Today we went and picked it up. Tony prepared the cement pad and in our usual fashion, I read the instructions while he did the assembly. It was very hot out, so after everything was finished, I came in the house and had a little private toast with Mom's favorite summer drink...ice cold lemon-aid though I am sure she would have told me it didn't have enough pucker power.
I love the mailbox. It is perfect in everyway, complete with gingerbread trim to match our house. And now each time we get the mail, I will hear Mom's famous statement, "Maybe I'll have a million dollar check in the mailbox today!"
4 comments:
That is such a neat way to remember your mother. And what a beautiful mailbox - it looks very nice with your house!
I'm sure mom would love your new mailbox. She would like it even better if it were in the shape of a gazebo (sp?)
Sara,
That is such a pretty mail
box, the prettiest one I've ever
seen.
Mom would have loved it!!
I loved the toast to Mom!!!
What a nice thing to do for your Mom! Great idea and very pretty! Cute house too!! :)
Post a Comment