In the last few months of my mother's life, she was introduced to Andre Rieu's music through my in-laws. I think this clip was her very favorite. She loved anything little and she especially loved little "darkies", as she called them. So, Akim was a very big hit with her. I remember her watching it and just giggling that giggle only Mom could do.(If you wish to skip the chatter on the video clip, drag the progress bar to 1:23)
Here is a preface to the video clip - an interview with Andre' Rieu:
Ivo: And now lets talk about your unique performance in Kerkrade with 3 year old Akim. How did you meet him?
Andre: Every day I get mail from parents who recommend their talented child. But this mail from Berlin was different. I sent a camera team to Berlin and when they returned I immediately knew this was unique. I invited them and two weeks before Kerkrade I met Akim, his parents and his grandmother. Akim played for us in the studio and all the orchestra members were astonished, asking, “How is this possible?”I asked Akim if he would like to play with us in Kerkrade and he wanted it very much. He loves to perform! On the day of the concert I was very nervous, because I did not know how this would turn out. There were 18 thousand people in the audience. Maybe he would stand there on stage crying for his mother. But not at all! If you could have seen him entering that stage!!


(Disclaimer: I do not endorse or promote all content found on youtube.com)
1 comment:
Sara: I'm SO glad you put that on your Blog. Whenever Mama watched it she would sit and giggle (as you stated) and she would reapeat over and over and over, "I LOVE him, I just LOVE him. He's SO cute - I just LOVE him!"
Post a Comment