Today, we arrived home from school and Britnee went out back to see Pudge and Twiz (now a year old cat from Pudge's first litter). Suddenly, we hear yelling in the house, "I found them! I found them!" We all grabbed our jackets (and I grabbed the camera of course :) and headed outside. We could hear incessant meowing but it took awhile to finally figure out they were under the tarp which was covering the mower. When Tony pulled it back, four kittens were revealed. We oohed and aahed. Tony expressed his disapproval that some of them were white and looked like mice. I took another peek and said, "Uh, one problem...those are NOT four week old kittens!" It suddenly dawned on us that while we were trying to find them, Twiz-not Pudge-had come down off the deck and climbed under the mower. That's what sort of clued us in on where they were. Then we noticed that Twiz's fur definitely showed signs of what I interpreted to be a pretty hard labor.
She sure doesn't seem old enough to be a mama. But Pudge was the same age when she had Twiz. And life goes on...
Guess that makes me a great-grandmother! Hmmm...
3 comments:
What cute little furballs they are! If I didn't absolutely detest cats, I'd stop by (unannounced) for a visit...
Grandma Sara, eh? Sounds like you need to keep better tabs on those felines! They've been doing too much partying or wandering about. heehee
Oh, they partied for sure. And no wandering around...the parties were right here in our very own backyard and porch. loL! Every so often, we would have cats everywhere. Some of them weren't even scared off by Tony's BB gun.
Post a Comment