Tonight I did the most absurd thing. To make this crazy holiday more special, I decided to finally fulfill my kid’s wishes from the last couple months. They have been begging to make chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips. Kinda seems oxymoronish doesn’t it? Like the time I ordered a tossed salad minus lettuce? (True story—you should have seen the looks my parents and the waitress gave me =)
Well, anyway, being the kind loving mother that I am and since I was mixing up 4.5 batches of cookies anyway (glutton for punishment, eh?) I decided we might as well try it. So I made a full batch WITH chocolate chips and half a batch without. The girls loved it. Janae actually ate the entire cookie instead of picking out the chocolate chips and leaving them on a napkin for me to discover later!
And I must interject here that the girls have Mr. Murray to thank…when I mentioned it to him at school the other day (for whatever reason it came into the subject) he about went crazy at the thought. So I figured my girls weren’t so weird after all. They think I should make him a batch when school is back in session =)
5 comments:
Janae and I should eat cookies together--I'd rather have the chocolate than the dough any day! It's a good thing you moved to Indiana before Michigan did any more damage to those poor little girls! ;)
Well, Janae doesn't remember MI much since she was only 18 months when we moved...so not sure if that applies here Angie! loL!! And I'm with you, so I would eat the chips that she picked out :) Oh, I just had a thought, it might have been my pregnancy with her b/c I didn't even LIKE chocolate chip cookies until then. After that, I ate one almost every day-the big huge ones from Target's food court! Mmmm!! (It seems that food consumed excessively during pregnancy either causes the baby to HATE or totally LOVE that food...no in between.)
I also have always wanted to try chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips, I bet they were really good.
It's now February--apparently the chocolateless cookies have killed the Derscheid family...
Valentine's Day has passed. Surely by now, they stinketh...
Post a Comment