With two older siblings who talk openly about Mom and Dad being the Tooth Fairy (before Kerrigan has even had the chance to lose her FIRST tooth), the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, I never dreamed that Kerrigan still believed in them. But the question came today…“We don’t have a chimney, so how is Santa going to come in to bring our presents?” I was taken back because I thought those days were over. But ya know, it’s still kind of fun to have a little one believe in the magic of those events.
I remember back to when Britnee was starting to suspect something about Santa Claus. And she was only 4 or 5. We had purchased Christmas wrap and she didn’t miss a thing. We hung the girl’s stockings, sent them to bed and then wrapped all their little presents. The next morning, Britnee was standing in front of the stockings and looked very contemplative. She studied the gifts that were poking out the top and then ever so non-chalantly said, “Hmmmm…Santa Claus has the same wrapping paper that we have.”
No comments:
Post a Comment