Monday, August 7, 2006

Remember...

We were reminiscing about some of the funny things Britnee said when she was little. Thought I would share a few. Some of you will remember these and to others, it will be new news J

Britnee was about 2.5 yrs. I was getting her dressed for the day. She had on a red turtleneck and a striped denim jumper. I told her she looked like an engineer. “I am,” she confirmed. I was quite surprised that she said it so definitely. When I asked her what train she drove, she looked at me dead serious and said, “the potty train.”

Tony reminded us the other night (and my sister also commented on it after a recent post) that Britnee used to be adamant about her skin color. No matter that we all adored her perfectly tanned skin, she was WHITE. I remember one day while we were reading a book, she looked at my arms and said, “Mommy, you’re vanilla and Daddy’s chocolate!” We decided that must make her a twist. I think she was okay with that.

When watching a certain home video of Britnee, age 3.5, while I was trying to get her tell us about making chocolate suckers from a mold, she instead informed us that she was having a “chip experience.” Will we EVER know what she was talking about? She was eating potato chips while being video taped. Whatever!

And last on my list, my brother used to call Britnee “dork” as a term of endearment. But apparently she also understood it to mean something altogether different. One day when my sister was zipping up her coat, she accidentally got Britnee’s neck in the zipper…Britnee muttered under her breath…”dork!” I am told that I was appalled and scolded her, I do not remember. But I must have because the story doesn’t end there. Another day, when she became annoyed with her dad, she muttered, “door.” Her little 2 yr old mind had already figured out that she could change it up a little bit and maybe not get in trouble. But when her father questioned her mutterings and asked what she had called him, she cheerfully responded, “window!”

No comments: